iStandWith - Read news, make polls, give opinions & follow current affairs

'Howdy, Modi!' event: PM Modi kicks off US tour with $1 trillion meeting

PM Narendra Modi has started his fourth visit to the United States (US) with a "Howdy Houston?" tweet and with 19 CEOs of energy companies that were together worth $1 trillion and have operated in more than 150 countries, including India, which they want to develop. PM Modi met local Kashmiri Pandits, Sikhs, and Dawoodi Bohras. Modi stated, "It is impossible to come to Houston and not talk energy!" Modi on his Twitter handle stated, "Had a wonderful interaction with leading energy sector CEOs. We discussed methods to harness opportunities in the energy sector". As per media reports, energy ties have been growing between India and the US, which is now the world's largest producer of energy and India is a growing client with annual buys in the range of around $4.5 billion. Src: https://bit.ly/2kWhnX3

Do you stand with @NarendraModi

I stand with @NarendraModi

22 votes

I don’t

30 votes

Make law to allocate 6% of GDP to education, says Manish Sisodia

Recently the Delhi Education Minister Manish Sisodia has presented his concerns about the New Education Policy (NEP). Manish in his own words said that “Only 5% of children get access to quality education. The rest 95% are getting an average quality of education. It needs to change. It is the job of the government to provide education to all children.” He further mentioned that “Just like governments are bound by law to have a ceiling on fiscal deficit or one country one tax system, similarly to implement the provision of the New Education Policy, the governments should be bound to spend at least 6% of GDP on education.” Do you agree with his views? Let us know your thought in the comments. Src: https://bit.ly/2kWzkVq

Do you stand with @ManishSisodia

I stand with @ManishSisodia

14 votes

I don’t

27 votes

Stop slaughterhouse construction near temple: Digvijaya Singh to his son

Former Madhya Pradesh Minister and Rajya Sabha member Digvijaya Singh have written to his Minister son Jaivardhan Singh (MP Urban Development Minister) to quickly stop implementation of previous BJP regime's decision to built a slaughterhouse near a temple on Bhopal's outskirt as it has hurt the feelings of lakhs of devotees. The letter read that many pilgrims visit the Kankali Temple during the Navratri. Not only is the temple is close to the Adampur Chhavni, the site of the slaughterhouse, but three more temples, including a Ram Temple and an ISCKON Temple, are located on the road leading to the Kankali Temple. Earlier during the BJP regime, a decision was taken to shift the existing slaughterhouse from Subhash Nagar to Adampur Chhavni, which was opposed by the Congress workers at that time. Src: https://bit.ly/2kVR57h

Do you stand with @DigvijayaSingh

I stand with @DigvijayaSingh

10 votes

I don’t

28 votes

Do BJP leaders have guts to sit on hunger strike in Delhi: Kamal Nath

Madhya Pradesh CM Kamal Nath, while addressing a public event after inaugurating a 220-bed govt hospital in Jabalpur, accused BJP and its senior leaders, including ex-CM Shivraj Chouhan of playing "camera politics" in the name of protesting for the cause of people hit by rain and flood in the state. Nath said, "If BJP leaders, including Shivraj Singh Chouhan, are so concerned about the cause of our farmers and people hit badly by rains and floods, why are they protesting in MP. They should instead go to Delhi and sit on a hunger strike there against their govt for a central relief package for the state. Have they got the guts to demonstrate and resort to hunger strike against their central govt in Delhi?" Src: https://bit.ly/2m00uem

Do you stand with @KamalNath

I stand with @KamalNath

14 votes

I don’t

25 votes